"I recognize that the website is out of our jurisdiction, but we will punish you more if you don't do what we ask."
- Paraphrasing what Mr. Armour said during the March Incident.
There should only be three paragraphs for the summary on the homepage. The first is a concise summary on the origin of Willemstan. The second paragraph is about recent events that have had a large impact on Willemstan. And by recent, they should be recent and relevant. For example, the Willemstan - Wolfenstan war is not relevant today and so it shouldn't be in this paragraph, but the March Incident absolutely is. This paragraph should be just as brief as the rest, and shouldn't go into much detail. This paragraph needs occasional updating as older events begin to lose relevance. The third paragraph should begin with introducing the current Dictator, and a couple of things they've done. Following that, the paragraph should mention a couple very recent or ongoing events. The third paragraph requires updating the most often.
All Articles Page
The all articles page only needs to be edited when articles are added or removed from the wiki. The exceptions to this rule are the March Incident pages, which we hope to return to the website eventually. Their dead links should remain there. Also, the All Articles Page should be under password protection, as the administration might get annoyed that we still have articles on teachers and stuff listed there, even though they have been removed. We also don't want them reading the more interesting article titles about Willemstani activities.
Due to the March Incident, public articles are a minority. These few articles are remaining public in order to provide a public resource. As such, they should contain no references to Willemstan. This includes links to people articles. They should also be unbiased and neutral because we don't want the administration getting upset about how we're portraying them. Public articles are listed on the Willemstan.com homepage.
General Editing Rules
- Don't change the formatting of the HTML document. Unnecessary indents, extra spaces and returns, all of that looks gross. Match the pattern that's already present.
- You only need to link an article once. For example, if Eli Payton is mentioned twice, only link to his article on the first mentioning.
- All articles should be password protected, aside from the public articles. Make sure they are.
- The timeline of Willemstan articles should only mention Willemstan events. Don't mention anything about real life there, unless if it directly impacted Willemstan, such as the start of COVID.
- For the timeline articles, there should only be links in the summary section. Do not put links in the list of events.
- Better log-in system. We don't want the administration to ever get a look at the non-public articles.
- Update COVID-19 article (Ian is currently working on this).
- Update the people articles (Ian is currently working on this).
- More information needs to be found on what exactly the legal situation is for the turbine drama. We need to know which townships have passed legislation for/against turbines. Make sure to keep tabs on the Stockbridge Master Plan situation, as that seems to be the main battleground.
- Catch up on the insufferable Hornet Hive Podcast and update the respective article.
- Fix the quote box in the Recreation of Williamston High School in Minecraft article.
- Get a second quote for the Joey Badra and Eli Payton articles.
- Oskar drama article (Charlie will do this).