New Articles of Willemstan
This article was last updated on: November 30th of 2021
The announcement of the new legislation on June 18th of 2020.
The New Articles of Willemstan is the current governing document for Willemstan. All previous legislation is void. This document was created during the Willemstan 1.2 Reforms by the Construction Crew, who scrapped the previous Willemstan Amendments. Instead of re-instating the Willemstan Commandments, those in power at the time felt that they could improve upon the old system. The Willemstan Commandments were somewhat outdated with pages of old legislation and goals, and so the crew wanted to make a new document that added improvements and removed the fluff. On June 18th of 2020, the New Articles of Willemstan were released to the public. Just like the Willemstan Commandments, the New Articles of Willemstan features a section for legislation, and separates general guidelines into separate categories. The name "New Articles of Willemstan" is loosely taken from the Articles of Confederation, intentionally in contrast to the Willemstan Amendments.
- June 18th of 2020 - Document was drafted and created by the Construction Crew.
- November 8th of 2020 - The document was revised by Eli Payton's administration. They went over the election proceedings drafted earlier and revised them. This insured the election proceedings were set in stone in their image by the time the Winter 2020 Election occurred.
- February 12th of 2021 - Sean Kavanagh's legislation was added to the document by Ian Hampton. Clarifications about the election process were also added.
- February 20th of 2021 - Official Willemstan Holidays were added to the document by Ian Hampton. These were drafted and agreed upon by Sean Kavanagh's administration in the days prior.
- February 23rd of 2021 - New election proceedings were written by Ian and were approved by the rest of Sean Kavanagh's administration. This new election system transformed Willemstan's corrupt election system into an actually fair election system. Vote outsourcing, manipulation, and other fradulant activities were banned. The ballot was revised into a ranked format, in which each voter would pick three candidates (in ranked order) for Dictator, instead of just one.
- April 8th of 2021 - Legislation was added in which the Dictator must make a speech on each Willemstan Holiday.
- May 15th of 2021 - The election proceedings were slightly amended to prevent members from voting if they joined the sever 7 days before the election month. This was an extension to the policy which prevents a citizen from voting if they joined during the election month, in order to prevent vote outsourcing.
- May 31st of 2021 - Added another proceeding to the election process. All citizens of Willemstan with voting rights will receive a unique randomly generated code, to provide identification on their ballot. This should prevent active members of Willemstan from stealing the identity of less active members who may not decide to vote.
- June 10th of 2021 - Added clarifications to the election process. Specified that you could not vote for any person multiple times on your ballot, and that voting for yourself (once) is legal.
- July 2nd of 2021 - Ian added his first changes to the articles as planned in his run for Dictator. The administration section was updated, including the information about new government jobs and the term limit.
- July 6th of 2021 - Ian added his first three commandments to the New Articles of Willemstan.
- July 21st of 2021 - What dictatorships counted towards an individual's term limit was specified on the document with a new subsection.
- August 31st of 2021 - Ian added a commandment to the New Articles of Willemstan regarding the Willemstan Public Messages account.
- September 7th of 2021 - Ian expanded the number of Senior Strategists from 2 to 3, creating a linear administration. Three Senior Strategists, two Enforcers, and 1 General & Dictator.
- November 30th of 2021 - Ian added the voter restriction called for by the November 2021 Vote to the New Articles of Willemstan. He also added the Recruitment of Underclassmen Initiative to his legislation, and banned voting for oneself during an election.