Silly Goose YouTube Channel
This article was last updated on: October 3rd of 2021
Charlie Nolan consuming an onion in a school bathroom, circa April of 2019.
The Silly Goose YouTube channel was founded on January 19th 2018 by Charlie Nolan as a way to upload videos/projects for school. However, it became a channel which was partially dedicated to Willemstan. The channel was used for shitposting, Willemstan I-SHAT videos, reuploading memes, and Willemstan Propaganda. It has also been used for the Live Camera Feeds, many random robotics videos, and more. For a time, the channel streamed a series of "SuS Streams". These were streams that shared videos collected by SuS at random, and always resulted in a punishment day from YouTube.
The March Incident resulted in an extensive purge of content, and now the channel is a mere shell of what it once was. Today, Charlie remains the main contributor to the channel, but Sean and Ian are also allowed to upload on the channel. Silly Goose is not eligible for advertising because much of the content uploaded on it was not original, but yet copyright holders sometimes place ads on some of the videos anyway.
Copyright and Community Guidelines Strikes
The Silly Goose YouTube channel received its first Copyright strike on January 7th of 2020 for livestreaming random files collected by SuS. One of those files happened to be a full episode of Seinfeld, and thus a strike was given and the livestream was taken down. In addition, many videos have been copyright claimed on the channel but those have not resulted in a strike, although the removal of 2 videos that had each amassed thousands of views did get strikes, one of which was negotiated down to a warning. These were captures of tapes in the Nuevos Destinos series, and according to viewers, the videos could only be found on the Silly Goose YouTube channel. They were taken down on April 19th of 2020. As of June 16th 2021, the channel has received 81 copyright claims in total due to many reasons, from shamelessly stolen content in SuS streams all the way to background music in videos recorded by Charlie himself.
The channel received a second copyright strike on May 2nd of 2021, for a less than 10 second video called "The Fast Turtle". It was a meme uploaded from Discord, of a turtle running out from under a golf cart quickly. This was copyright-striked by "Luke Kosowski" for content used called "SUPER FAST TURTLE." It seems that he manually removed this content. Since this is not his content, it can be assumed he did this to be malicious, or thinking that he would gain revenue somehow. An appeal was sent to YouTube the following day, and they rejected the appeal, clearly not reading it at all. The little bastard can be contacted here.
The Silly Goose YouTube channel has received three Community Guidelines Strikes, and thankfully these expire after a few months so the channel has not been terminated. The first strike was due to the first and only sleep stream being reported for "spam, deceptive practices and scams" on January 7th of 2020. This was appealed to YouTube who reversed the punishment within the day, and reuploaded the video. A second strike was given on July 27th of 2020 and prevented the livestreaming and uploading of videos for two weeks. This was another SuS Stream of stolen memes that was reported for pornography and taken down for "sex and nudity". The RNG gods did us dirty that day. The third strike occurred on January 3rd of 2020, in which the "Sean Kavanagh is Dictator" video was taken down for "harassment and cyber-bullying" and disabled video uploads for a week. Charlie sent in an appeal to YouTube, but it was denied, despite not violating any guidelines in our opinion.
Before uploading the infamous Cantina Band video, the Silly Goose channel had a mere 52 subscribers. Since its release, the Cantina Band video has resulted in steady growth for the channel. Today, this is can be as much as 100 subscribers per week. As a result, the vast majority of the Silly Goose subscribers are from the Cantina Band video. Overall video viewership is low because only Willemstani citizens are reliable viewers. However, some of the Silly Goose videos do get picked up by the recommended algorithm to a much smaller extent. This includes shrek videos and the infamous toilet onion videos. The Live Camera Feed Livestreams were also picked up very frequently, but did not retain consistent viewership.
Discovery by Williamston High School Staff
Main article: March 2021 Incident
Before the infamous events in March of 2021, only two staff members were aware of Silly Goose. These were Cody and Mr. Rasmus. Willemstan members have a great relationship with Cody, head of the Robotics Team. However, Mr. Rasmus was more of a mixed bag. He had previously let Charlie off the hook when he caught Charlie messing with a crypto mine in the robotics room. However, on March 9th of 2021, it is strongly suspected that he reported the channel to the WHS Administration after looking through it. He undoubtedly came across very suspicious videos, including the WHS memes and Live Camera Feed highlights. And considering the very next day, March 10th of 2021, the System trio were prosecuted by Mr. Armour about the YouTube channel, this cannot be a coincidence.
During the incident that followed, over 80 videos were removed from the channel because of an ultimatum issued by the school. These were all of the videos shot in the school, aside from some school projects. Thanks to this incident, Mr. Armour and Mr. Duffey are now very aware of the channel. It is also very likely that Sra. Ide, Ms. Banister, and Mr. Kirby are also aware of the channel to some degree. Ms. Mitchell may also be aware. In short, way too many staff now know about the YouTube channel to post anything "interesting" on there again, at least publicly. It is simply too risky, and going forward we must now assume that Mr. Armour and Mr. Duffey are regularly checking on the channel to insure we aren't up to anything.
- "Flex Tape Propaganda" uploaded on March 12th of 2018. This was the first video uploaded to the channel, and was a project for school made by a couple members of Willemstan. It starred Charlie, Eli Payton, Josue Mejia, and Devin S.
- "Silly School for Cosmic Children" uploaded on May 29th of 2018. This was a reuploaded school project originally made in January of 2017 by several members of Willemstan. That school project was what started it all.
- "[VHS Archive] Spanish II Project (1998)" uploaded on July 25th of 2019. This was the release of Mr. Weber's Spanish project.
- "Upgrades to the SuS server" uploaded on November 10th of 2019. Following the events of the First IT Man Raid on the Robotics Room, this video was a comprehensive report by Charlie regarding upgrades to the System IV/SuS computer. These included a new lock and key power button, an antenna, and more. The description also contained a rant in which Charlie explained the damages the IT Men caused.
- "Ekuubis" uploaded on November 26th of 2019. This was the first UOS livestream, featuring Charlie, Sean, and Ian. However, in this particular stream Discord audio can not be heard.
- "Cantina Band - 10 Hour Loop" uploaded on December 20th of 2019. This was Silly Goose's most viewed video by far, with over 1.1 million views. It is largely responsible for the channel's total views and subscribers.
- "Final Project for Spanish III" uploaded on January 11th of 2020. This was Charlie, Sean, Ian, and Camden's midterm project for Spanish III, which was worth 20% of their grade. The project made a satire out of Ok2Say, and earned a score of 94%.
- "Robopropaganda" uploaded on February 26th of 2020. This was a video featuring several members of the robotics team, and was designed to recruit more.
- "Home-made electronic civil defense siren test (alternate wail)" was uploaded on June 13th of 2020. This was the first video of the I-SHAT series.
- "Willemstan: "Civil War" (kind of a joke but kind of serious)" was uploaded on June 17th of 2020. This was Charlie's infamous response to the June 2020 Coup, and the subsequent Willemstan Civil War.
- "Willemstan patriotism" uploaded on November 7th of 2020. This was the first official raising of the Willemstan flag.
- "Comrades' Choice Returns" uploaded on February 12th of 2021. This video announced the return of Comrades' Choice in a new form. It was created to mimck the style of old commercials.
- "WHS D2 Classroom in 2014 [SD Card Archive]" uploaded on September 8th of 2021. This video was recovered from the 2021 Inventory Operation.
- "Normal Probability Plot script [Trap Beat Remix]" uploaded on October 2nd of 2021. This video is a remix of Mr. Herek's Normal Probability Plot song for AP Statistics. It is the second music production by Charlie and Ian which features the voice of a WHS staff member.