Willemstan Industrial Union
This article was last updated on August 16th of 2021
The official logo of the Willemstan Industrial Union. This was pasted on most products made by the Willemstan Industrial Union. Made with Microsoft Paint.
The Willemstan Industrial Union (WIU), despite the name, is not a labor union, or labor standards organization. It is the only corporation that is legally allowed in Willemstan. It is responsible for development of the Willemstan logo, Tax Collection, as well as the funding, creation, and marketing of various domestic products in Willemstan. It is also responsible for the rebranding and marketing of some imported products. Many Willemstan Industrial Union products have never even sold one unit, such as imported Soviet pocketwatches, and many projects adopted by the Union have been abandoned. Many ventures of the WIU or products violate international copyright laws. There are some products that are not listed on this page due to them being completely copied ideas.
Charlie Nolan has been the one and only member of the Willemstan Industrial Union. As a result, he has bene basically using the WIU to make his Willemstan ventures seem more official. On July 1st 2021, after creating the Willemstan Market channels in Willemstan, Ian Hampton announced that anyone could join the WIU provided that they have a product to sell to Willemstan citizens.
First a product idea is created, and then it is told to citizens. If the product seems like it will have some support, a prototype is created by the WIU for a budget of $0 or funded by external sources. It is then tested by citizens by WIU members and if it is fit for the market it will be advertised, and perhaps given a better budget.
Main article: Comrades' Choice Franchise
The Willemstan Industrial Union oversees, markets, and funds the production of all Comrades' Choice volumes. Comrades' Choice was initially funded by tax donations, and then it was funded self-sufficiently by sales of Comrades' Choice volumes. After its reformation in early 2021, Comrades' Choice became used mainly as a name for Charlie's rental service.
The SHART Sirens
Main article: Willemstan I-SHAT Program
The SHART sirens are WIU series, but will most likely never be marketed to citizens. Developed by Charlie over the past year, the SHART sirens continue to be a plague for his neighbors.
Other Industrial Union Products and Ventures
The Willemstan Industrial Union has proposed and sold many computer-related projects, a fair share of which have never seen the light of day. The following list showcases some of these projects.
- WinDOS - WinDOS MT was a multi-tasking computer operating system environment, meant to have similar functionality as Windows, macOS, or graphical versions of Linux. A few protypes were created but the project was abandoned due to difficulties and problems with stability in development
- Delp-DOS - Delp-DOS is a successor/second attempt at WinDOS named for the glorious Delpacito. The project is still in development.
- PENIS I - The Personal Entertainment and Notation Interactive System was a prototype testing the capabilities of the WIU to build their own computers from the ground-up, programmed on cheap and unpopular architectures.
- PENIS II - The PENIS-II was a computer project meant to create dirt-cheap computers compatible with Microsoft Windows from outsourced components. It is a good thing none have been ordered, as they would have been great safety hazards.
- Pro Gamer Laptop - One of a kind, made from modifying an old Netbook portable laptop computer. Over the months it was in service, Sean continued to add additional modifications to it. The laptop made many appearances at Williamston High School, especially during Spanish III. Teachers were very skeptical of the computer but did nothing about it. The laptop was eventually decommissioned.
- Pro Gamer Desktop - Produced by the Robotics Team. Prototype construction was halted after the cancellation of the 2019-20 season. After returning for the 2020-21 season, it was found to have remained powered on for 9 months, and survived, although the monitor experienced some burn-in.
- Pro Gamer Desktop II - Proof-of-concept. A desktop computer made from laptop internals in a cardboard case. Similar to the PENIS-II project idea.
- Pro Gamer Laptop II - A larger and more capable sibling to the Pro Gamer Laptop 1. Developed by Sean Kavanagh.
- Pro Gamer Ashtray - Ashtray made from the base of a broken electric rock lamp and aluminum foil.
- Pro Gamer Chair - Relaxing chair, and also a hypnosis and interrogation device when needed to be. Prototypes have not yet been produced.
The Pro Gamer Laptop at Williamston High School, circa 2020.