This article was last updated on November 8th of 2020.
The HD Willemstan logo.
The Willemstan Amendments was a governing document in place for 45 days, back when Willemstan was briefly known as the "United States of Willemstan". The legislation was introduced during the Willemstan 1.1 Reforms and replaced the Willemstan Commandments, which had governed Willemstan for years. However, the Willemstan Amendements were deemed void and replaced by the New Articles of Willemstan, after a sudden change in leadership. This article is an exact copy of the document.
Amendment One - Willemstan Server
Breaking any section in the Willemstan Constitution will result in punishment.
- These punishments are severe and are given out by Generals (Admins).
- Punishments include being banned, kicked, muted, etc.
If someone constantly causes problems they can be kicked out for a certain amount of time.
- The amount of time is determined by Judges or Generals.
- This includes actions such as spamming, arguments for the sake of drama, and excessive unprovoked insults.
Amendment Two - Elections
All elections are forced, meaning if a person is voted into power they must assume the position they are voted into.
No more than 2 terms can be served consecutively for the positions of president or governor.
If you do not vote, you will be given a special nickname which will be denoted by an asterisk at the end of the name.
- The names will be picked from a list of nicknames and will be selected at random (ex: MoronTwat*, Fatass*)
- The nickname will stay until the next Governor or Presidential election.
- For elections, all citizens will be equally divided into states.
- After a certain amount of time, citizens will be randomly put into new states.
- Each state will only be able to vote for a Governor from that state.
- Governor elections occur 2 weeks after each presidential election.
- States will vote for their Governor.
- Governors cannot vote in the Presidential elections or Governor elections.
- Only Governors can become the President.
- Presidential elections will occur on the first of each month.
- The President is decided by a vote between all people except Governors.
- The President cannot vote in the Presidential elections, but can vote in their home state’s Governor election.
Amendment Three - Position's Powers
- Governors can send messages in the #orders channel.
- Governors can nickname themselves.
- Governor’s have the ability to declare a “coup” whenever an amendment by the President is seen as unsafe or unfair for the union. The vote for a coup must be unanimously agreed on by all Governors, otherwise it will fail. To declare a coup, a message must be sent to #orders.
- The President can send messages in the #orders channel.
- The President can nickname themself.
- The President can appoint Judges. With a limit of 3 Judges in power at once.
- The President can command Judges to enforce behavioral modifications.
- The President can create, remove, or alter any amendment in the Presidential Orders document.
- Judges are lesser Admins that have limited power over Government function. The main purpose of the Judges is to prevent smaller problems, as well as forestall larger issues until the main authority can deal with them.
- The president can add or remove any judge without needing consent from any other members of Willemstan.
- If a judge is unfit for office due to abuse of power, Generals will initiate a poll for Governors to determine if a judge should be removed.
- Judges have the power to nickname, remove messages, mute citizens, and enforce behavioral modification.
Amendment Four - Events
Events will occur at set intervals.
Events will be announced by the President, Governor, or Generals.
Certain events such as elections require mandatory voting. Failure to vote will result in being given a nickname for a set amount of time that cannot be removed until the given time is reached.
Amendment Five - Presidential Orders
Only the President can alter the Presidential Orders document.
Amendments cannot target any specific individual or small group of people.
Breaking an amendment in the Presidential Orders will result in behavioral modifications.
- These behavioral modifications are for ‘fun’ and will not heavily alter any citizens ability to communicate or enjoy Willemstan.
- Behavioral modifications are determined by the President in the amendment, but only the Judges can enforce the behavioral modifications listed in the amendment. Behavioral modifications cannot prevent a citizen from doing anything in Willemstan. Behavioral modifications cannot directly attack or insult a citizen. Behavioral modifications can include nicknaming a citizen, requesting other citizens call them by something, or other jokes. If a behavioral modification is too severe or directly attacks or insults a citizen, Generals can intervene and correct the situation. If multiple problems persist, that person will be removed from their position and given severe punishments.